Sunday, October 11, 2015

Day 4 - New York

This morning headed over to Jackson Square Park for a discussion lead by seven RECALLed artists. The open talks seemed to sway more toward surveillance and the monitoring of public space.

After a curator tour was led by Kendal Henry and Sara Reisman. My wall was the first stop as we had to push it down to Jackson Square for the talk. 

Oh just checked the news and then just in:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/2-reports-say-officers-shooting-of-tamir-rice-was-justified/

Met up with Karim and Azeez again who had stopped by Union Square yesterday and were very engaged in the festival.

It is hard to believe how quickly the time has passed here in NYC. There are so many people to thank for their contributions to making FADED GLORY a reality. Over the next weeks I will compile an overview of this project.

Please visit this blog from time to time to see how FADED GLORY will progress in the future.

                                  More photos to follow in the coming weeks.



 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Terry,
    I would really like to talk with you! I teach ethics in a high school in New Jersey and I have a student who produced a piece of art that is amazing and very similar to yours. I would like to put the two of you in touch because he needs a supporter and a mentor. Is there any chance you would write back to me? I am so grateful for your art - Faded Glory - your talent and insight make a difference. With Peace,Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tracy.
    Just email me and let me know how I can help.
    Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete